Hello from your new Marketing and Communications Manager!

Photography by Studio Wellbrook.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 






















Hello everyone,
My name is Tobe Ifeanyi and I am the new Marketing and Communications Manager here at JAN! I was born and raised in Lagos, Nigeria. After completing my Advanced Level studies in London I moved to Baltimore, MD, USA where I earned a Bachelor of the Arts in Global Studies from Coppin State University. While attending Coppin my passion for art grew as I developed an interest in Jazz and vinyl collecting. Under the mentorship of my Photography instructor Professor Linda Day-Clark, my passion thrived. In 2005, homesick and equipped with my 35mm Pentax K1000, I went on to create my first body of work based on Ghana during a semester abroad and start a small business selling my photographs.
That year I also started mentoring middle-school children at nearby school where I realized I loved to teach. While exploring career options I explored art management and branding while working at Sub-Basement Artist Studios, a 12,000 sqft gallery and artist studios in Baltimore, MD. In 2013, I relocated to Lagos, Nigeria to fuse these creative energies into a career in Art, Marketing, Education and Branding. My position at JAN allows me to fuse all my passions and career interests. I became affiliated with JAN last year when I developed the concept for their 15th Anniversary Campaign Photography during my tenure at Studio Wellbrook, Lagos.
 I never imagined I’d be here writing this the following year, but when I heard about JAN I knew I wanted to be aligned with an organization doing all this great work for free to its participants. After my facilitating my first volunteer teaching session during Ready, Set, Go (RSG) in February with my amazing colleague Mrs Rita Odiom, and seeing how the information impacted those young minds firsthand, I AM so grateful for the opportunity to do what I love and still impact the lives of others.
I look forward to serving JAN and its stakeholders.
Sincerely,
Tobe C. Ifeanyi.
 
 
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2017 Junior Achievement Nigeria's Youth Entrepreneurship Essay Competition; Winning Essays.

Global Money Week/ Financial Literacy Day (FLD) 2015 Continued

JAN Partners with Central Bank of Nigeria on Financial Literacy of Nigeria